Sold per sheet of 10 tablets.
apoxetine is used to treat premature ejaculation (PE), which is one of the most common causes of sexual dysfunction in men. It is defined as early ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation before of soon after penetration and can cause distress and problems with relationships. Poxet-60 is used to improve control over ejaculation and increase the time interval before ejaculation occurs during intercourse, for men with persistent or recurrent PE.
Dapoxetine is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) that is used specifically for premature ejaculation (PE), as it has a rapid onset of action, with maximum effect within 1-2 hours and a short half-life, which means that it is rapidly eliminated from the body within 24 hours. Ejaculation is a reflex that is mediated by the sympathetic nervous system. When sexual stimulation has reached a certain threshold, sensory nerve cells in the spinal cord are activated and nerve impulses are sent to the brain, which then send messages back to motor neurones controlling the muscles in the penis that contract to effect ejaculation. The ejaculation reflex is thought to be mediated by serotonin, a specific brain chemical or neurotransmitter that is involved is transmitting nerve signals, which enables brain cells to communicate. Low levels of serotonin in certain areas of the brain are thought to be responsible for causing PE. Dapoxetine in Poxet-60 blocks the reuptake of serotonin from the synapse, which is the gap between nerve cells across which chemical messages are sent from one nerve cell to another. If the re-uptake of serotonin by the first nerve cell (pre-synaptic) is blocked, this means that there is more serotonin remaining for the receiving nerve cell (post-synaptic), which allows nerve cells to communicate with each other for longer. This action of dapoxetine in Poxet-60 60 helps prolong the ability to maintain sexual activity without premature ejaculation and maintain control over ejaculation for longer.
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Poxet-60 tablets include, headache, gastrointestinal upset (nausea, diarrhoea, dry mouth, abdominal discomfort), dizziness, drowsiness, tremor, difficulty sleeping, increased blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, reduced libido.
You should not use Poxet-60 tablets if you:
- are allergic to dapoxetine or any ingredients in Poxet-60
- have severe liver or kidney disease
- have a heart condition or heart failure
- have a bleeding disorder
- have a history of orthostatic hypotension (dizziness when standing up), without discussion with your doctor
- have depression, bipolar disorder, unstable epilepsy or schizophrenia
- are taking any monoamine oxidase inhibitor medications as these can cause serious reactions if taken with Poxet-60 or within 14 days
- are taking medicines that interact with Poxet-60, including: thioridazine for schizophrenia, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) for depression, migraine medicines like sumatriptan, the analgesic tramadol, SSRI antidepressants like paroxetine or citalopram, SNRI antidepressants like venlafaxine, lithium for mood disorders, calcium channel blockers like diltiazem for hypertension, the anticoagulant warfarin, HIV treatments like ritonavir and atazanavir, antifungals like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, NSAIDs like aspirin or ibuprofen, herbal remedies containing St. John´s Wort
What medications interact with Poxet-60?
Several medications interact with Poxet-60 tablets and should either not be taken while you are taking Poxet-60 or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause a serious reaction with Poxet-60: monoamine oxidase inhibitors for depression, thioridazine for schizophrenia, the anticoagulant warfarin increases risk of bleeding, NSAIDs like aspirin or ibuprofen St. John´s Wort, migraine medicines like sumatriptan, the analgesic tramadol, SSRI antidepressants like paroxetine or citalopram, SNRI antidepressants like venlafaxine, lithium for mood disorders,
- Drugs that affect Poxet-60: thioridazine for schizophrenia, antifungals like ketoconazole, antibiotics like erythromycin, HIV treatments like ritonavir and atazanavir, calcium channel blockers like diltiazem for hypertension
How should Poxet-60 be taken?
You should take your Poxet-60 tablets swallowed whole with a glass of water with or without food. You should take your Poxet-60 60 1-3 hours before planned sexual activity. You should not take more than one tablet of Poxet-60 60 in 24 hours and avoid alcohol.
How should Poxet-60 be stored?
You should store your Poxet-60 tablets below 25°C in a cool dry place.